Live virtual conferences and events have become really common since the coronavirus pandemic but they’ve been increasingly used well before 2020 too.
This is due to the fact that there are a number of advantages provided by virtual conferences and events such as saving costs and increasing the reach of the event. Of course, their utility became truly apparent once traveling around the world was rendered almost impossible.
In this introduction, we’ll focus on the various different aspects of virtual conferences and events and how to approach them with the right mindset as a host to ensure the best virtual experience for the attendees.
Virtual Events – The New Normal?
Even though webinars, and live streamings have always been common, virtual events take the virtual experience a step further. With virtual live events, speakers, attendees, and sponsors can interact remotely in a virtual environment just like a physical event. Here are 8 tips for hosting virtual conferences successfully.
As mentioned earlier, there are many benefits of hosting a virtual event instead of a traditional physical one. Some of the most common benefits of using a virtual events platform include the following:
- A virtual events platform helps in mitigating costs associated with traditional events such as traveling, venue, additional staffing, and more. When compared to physical events, virtual events are much more cost-effective.
- Virtual events overcome the barrier of limited space. It can accommodate as many attendees as possible.
- Virtual events offer personalized experiences when compared to a physical event. Every attendee gets a personalized experience and with the right virtual event management tools, it is possible to make every single attendee feel that the entire event is dedicated to them!
How are Virtual Events different from Webinars?
There are a lot of things in common between a virtual event and a webinar. For example, both use virtual conferencing tools. However, there are a few major differences between a webinar and a virtual event.
A virtual event is much bigger in scope than just a virtual conference or a webinar. Just like an event is a collection of different speakers and seminars, a virtual event is a collection of a wide range of speakers, webinars, panel discussions, etc.
The best virtual conference platforms offer a lot more features than a webinar platform. For example, a virtual platform for events will have a lot more features that are focused on engaging the attendees and creating an event-like experience instead of limiting them to just a single webinar.
Types of Virtual Events
There was a time when live streaming conferences were pretty much all you could when it comes to hosting virtual event. However, with modern platforms available, there’s a lot more you can do when it comes to hosting a virtual event.
Here are just some examples of virtual event types:
With the right virtual event management, all of these different types of events can be hosted on a virtual space that is open to an audience spread all over the world! Essentially, with some planning and customizing, almost any kind of physical event can now be hosted virtually.
A virtual event platform helps you set up, manage, and execute virtual events of all types and sizes with ease.
How to keep the attendees engaged?
You can use the best video conference live streaming solutions for ensuring the video quality of your virtual event is top-notch but that is not enough to ensure it is engaging for the attendees.
As mentioned above, the best virtual conference platforms and best platforms for virtual events do come with tools that help in engagement such as integration with social media and chatboxes. However, there are also many additional things that you can do to make your virtual event engaging such as:
- Focusing on ensuring the content for your virtual event is exciting, engaging, and relevant to the attendee. Getting the best speakers for your virtual event is just a part of the process but getting the most relevant speakers is also really important.
- Using the right tools for hosting your virtual event. A virtual conferencing platform is not as useful as a dedicated platform for hosting a virtual event. If you’re hosting a multi-speaker event such as a virtual marketing conference that lasts multiple days, you’re better off using a dedicated platform for virtual events.
- Ensuring promotion of virtual events is as comprehensive and serious as the promotion you would normally do for physical events. A modern virtual event platform should ideally integrate well with social media and some of them even come with in-built marketing features that you can use to ramp up the promotion of the event well before it starts!
- Adding an element of gamification to your virtual event. Gamification refers to adding game-like elements to something in order to make it more engaging. Adding things like trivia quizzes, puzzles, or contests to virtual events will make them much more engaging for the attendee.
Learn more about Virtual Conferences and Events
Nowadays, virtual events have gone from being a niche virtual industry to being a part of the mainstream world. A number of major events and conferences had to be hosted virtually this year in order to circumvent the problems that were caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Are you thinking about hosting virtual conferences and virtual events soon? Team up with Dreamcast to level up your video conference, live streaming, and virtual event game. Host the biggest events using our powerful and scalable virtual event platform. Leverage the best that the virtual world has to offer for your brand or business!